The GEMS Health and Wellness Screening Services (HWSS) was introduced to reduce the rising negative impact of ill-health on public servant productivity.
The service is designed to be a positive experience, focusing on preventative measures by helping employees with lifestyle changes. The GEMS HWSS have proved to be very beneficial and the results have so far been encouraging.
It is only by testing the current health and wellbeing of employees that you have the knowledge to plan and implement meaningful and targeted interventions. We encourage you to make the most of the GEMS Wellness days you have access to.
The objectives of GEMS HWSS are aligned to creating a strong culture of wellbeing within Government Departments and includes the following:
- Providing Health Screenings for all Public Service employees;
- Early identification of lifestyle diseases (Diabetes, Hypertension), including HIV;
- Referral to GEMS Disease Management programmes;
- Provide support and guidance to maintain complete wellbeing (mental, psychological and social) for optimal functioning in the workplace;
- Raise awareness of the importance of wellbeing and healthy living.